Cheap Car Insurance Miami
Get a Quote
Considering recent economic developments, residents are encouraged to shop the many options for cheap car insurance Miami has to offer. Magic City is one of America s busiest and most productive cities, with a current population of 419,000 (5.5 million in the surrounding urban area). It is also the richest city in the U.S. (according to a 2009 study), partly due to having the largest concentration of international banks in the nation. Considering the size of this metropolis however, Miami s crime rate is fairly low (2,700 auto thefts in 2012).
Cheap Car Insurance In Miami
- Florida state is a no-fault, meaning that an individual s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Miami
Take advantage of public transportation whenever you can. It will save you mileage on your car, which will in turn save you money on your car insurance. For a complete listing of all the possible public transportation options in Miami, click here.