MSF31013 – Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services
Part Time Course Dates:
Courses are subject to sufficient student numbers. Insufficient numbers will result in cancellation (10 days prior) and students will be notified by phone and email.
If the dates above are not suitable, you can always register interest and you will be notified of any new dates when they are added.
The Australian Institute of Interior Design Certificate III in Interior Decoration offers students the opportunity to gain valuable skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in the exciting field of Interior Decorating and Design. The course equips students with sound industry knowledge and a confident ability to provide a wide scope of Decorating and Design services to the Consumer.
Using a diverse range of theory-based and practical components, students will work on creating design concepts and developing them into realistic project-based assignments. Students will be involved in addressing specific Client Briefs and producing Conceptual Colour and Finishes Boards which can contribute to their Folio presentations.
Specifically, during the course of their studies, students will:
- Learn how to interpret and address a Client Brief – identifying key factors necessary to confidently advise customers on the selection and specification of decorating and design products;
- Explore the fascinating world of Colour, both in theory and psychology, enabling students to competently select and specify colour for interior spaces;
- Gain an insight into the historical development of design and decorating – recognizing and appreciating the impact that past design has on present and future trends;
- Study the essential Elements and Principles of design, which are the building blocks of all successful interiors;
- Develop skills in visual design, using creativity to successfully showcase design concepts decorating products;
- Research the diverse and continually evolving range of decorating resources in today’s industry
- Appropriately select and quantify decorator products to meet client requirements.
Pursuing a career in Interior Decoration through the AICD equips students with the qualifying skills which are highly sought after in today’s competitive Design Industry. Furthermore, completing the Certificate III in Interior Decoration provides students with the opportunity to undertake further studies if they wish. These include the Diploma in Interior Design and Decoration and Advanced Diploma in Interior Design .
Notably, AICD courses are taught by trainers who have vast experience within the Decorating and Design Industry. This gives our students valuable and relevant insights from trainers with real and current industry experience.
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Stylist
- Home decoration/furniture store owner
- Retail Interior Decoration/Furniture sales assistant
- Assistant Interior Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Home Stager
- Colour Consultancy
- Decorating Consultancy
Qualification and Units of Competency
On successful completion of the course, students will be awarded the MSF31013 Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services which is nationally recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework. This course is the latest training package on offer, and is the most industry relevant qualification available.
Units of Competency
MSF31013: Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services
Prepare a materials board for client presentation
VET In Schools:
This course is suitable for high school students to complete as part of the ‘VET in Schools’ program. The course has been structured so that the finish date is in accordance with the VET reporting dates to the Qld Studies Authority to allow students in Year 12 to have this course contribute to their high school certificate.
Students who are going in to year 10, 11 or 12 and are interested in completing this course, should contact us to receive the course enrolment pack. We recommend that they then visit their school careers councillor or VET coordinator to discuss their interest in undertaking the course with them, prior to enrolling.
As this is a certificate III program, successful completion of this course will enable students to obtain 8 points towards their high school certificate.
This course runs on Friday s from 9.00am – 3.30pm over 30 weeks plus holiday breaks.
Click on the arrows below to go forward or backward through each intake’s term dates. Please note that term dates are subject to change, please contact us to confirm future dates if required.
Other Important Information:
Please note that this course is open to anyone – you do not need to be a school student to complete this course.
Please note that you do not need to complete this course in order to be eligible to complete the Advanced Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration .
Course fees include:
- Class notes
- A4 Sketch book
- Colouring Pencils (12)
- Gouache Paints (12)
- Scale Ruler
- Stanley knife
- Black felt tip pens x 3 (0.25nib)
- Tape Measure
- Drawing template
- Corflute board
- Use of the school’s equipment
- School t-shirt.
Required Course Equipment:
Students will need to provide the following equipment:
- Basic stationary
- USB Thumb Drive (2GB recommended minimum)
- Students will require additional materials to be used for the production of Colour Finishes Boards. These requirements will be discussed in Class.
- Laptop computer – see requirements below.
LAPTOP / NOTEBOOK MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Students accepted into the program will be required to have a laptop computer with a wireless network connection. The following minimum specifications are required:
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 64 bit Operating System – required to run ArchiCAD software
- 2.5Ghz faster processor
- Web Browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari) (free online)
- Anti-Virus Software.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free online)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or higher (Required programs- Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
* Please check software manufacturers minimum system requirements. Student pricing available.
Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.