The Online Course Finder
Available Online Courses
by Subject Online Courses
Online College Courses Available in Indiana (IN)
Indiana may be famous for being the birthplace of high school basketball, but the Hoosier State also has a significant higher education system. Two important components of public higher education in Indiana are the Indiana University System. which consists of eight campuses, and the Purdue University System. which includes a main campus in West Lafayette and four regional campuses. Residents can find online college courses in Indiana through the Indiana College Network. whose member institutions include the various campuses of Ivy Tech Community College, as well as four-year institutions. Online degree programs and courses are also available through a variety of private colleges and universities.
Indianapolis. The growing city of Indianapolis is famous for being host to a number of important sporting events, particularly the Indy 500, which attracts tourists from all over the world. As the capital and largest city in Indiana, it is the state s hub for government, culture, entertainment, and industry.
- Crossroads Bible College. Crossroads Bible College is a private, nonprofit institution offering certificates, associate degrees, and bachelor s degrees. The college considers itself theologically evangelical and offers programs in Christian education, pastoral leadership, biblical counseling, and urban leadership, among others. Crossroads Online offered four complete programs via distance education as of 2011.
- Harrison College – Indianapolis, Indianapolis East, and Northwest. Harrison College, a private, for-profit institution, is a career-focused college that has three campuses to serve the Indianapolis area. The college offers certificate programs, associate degrees, and bachelor s degrees. Programs are available on campus and online in business, health sciences, information technology, criminal justice, and veterinary technology, as well as through its culinary division.
- Indiana University-Purdue University – Indianapolis. Indiana University-Purdue University – Indianapolis is a highly-ranked public research university offering associate, bachelor s, master s, doctoral, and professional degrees. This comprehensive university has an enrollment of 30,000 and offers more than 250 degrees through its 21 schools. IUPUI also offers distance education .
- ITT Technical Institute – Indianapolis. ITT Tech is a private, for-profit institution offering associate, bachelor s, and master s degrees, although the primary focus is on associate degrees. Programs are available online or in residence through the Indianapolis campus and include information technology, electronics technology, drafting and design, business, criminal justice, and health sciences.
- Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana. Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana is a public two-year institution offering certificates and associate degrees. The college enrolls more than 33,000 students and offers daytime, evening, and weekend courses to better serve working adults. Programs include accounting, computer information systems, paralegal studies, and many more.
- Marian University. Marian University is a private liberal arts institution in the Catholic and Franciscan traditions. The university offers associate, bachelor s, and master s degrees. Marian University has now embraced distance education, offering its accelerated nursing program on campus and through online collaboration .
- The Art Institute of Indianapolis. The Art Institute of Indianapolis is a private, for-profit institution of fine arts, media, and applied arts. Programs include culinary arts, design, fashion, and media arts. The Art Institute offers a limited number of online courses through the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, allowing students to take online courses alongside traditional courses.
- University of Phoenix – Indianapolis. The University of Phoenix is a private, for-profit institution with campuses across the U.S. and it is the largest provider of online education in the nation. Students can take on-ground classes at the Indianapolis campus, enroll in online courses, or both. The university offers bachelor s and master s degrees, and incorporates learning teams to encourage student collaboration.
Bloomington. Bloomington is a college town located in the southern portion of the state and home to about 80,000 people. With museums, galleries, historic sites, annual festivals, and cultural events taking place regularly in the theatre and live music communities here, there s seldom a shortage of things to do in this distinctive town.
- Indiana University – Bloomington. Indiana University – Bloomington is a public research university and the flagship campus of the Indiana University System. The university offers associate, bachelor s, master s, doctoral, and professional degrees, as well as certificate programs. Indiana University – Bloomington offers online courses though its School of Continuing Studies .
- Ivy Tech Community College – Bloomington. Ivy Tech Community College – Bloomington is a public, two-year college offering certificate and associate degree programs. The college opened its doors in 2002 and has an enrollment of 6,500 students. Programs include accounting, computer information systems, kinesiology, radiation therapy, and many more.
West Lafayette. West Lafayette, situated in the northwest portion of Indiana, is home to about 29,000 people. As a college town, the city has a highly educated populace, and Purdue University is a major employer in the area.
- Purdue University. Purdue University is a public research university offering associate, bachelor s, master s, doctoral, and professional degrees, as well as certificate programs. Purdue s colleges and schools include: agriculture, education, engineering, health and human sciences, liberal arts, management, pharmacy, science, technology, and veterinary medicine. Purdue s fall 2010 enrollment was more than 39,500, and the university offers distance learning options through the Indiana College Network.