Exclusive Torpedo technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour (such as its frequency response). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Use your amplifier without speaker cabinet thanks to the loadbox of the Torpedo Live. Its reactive impedance of 8 Ohms faithfully imitates a speaker, allowing the amp to work exactly as if it was connected to a speaker cabinet.
Power Amp simulation
The Torpedo Live also works with preamplifiers or other instruments with a line output (synths…). To best process these types of signals, the Torpedo Live embeds our exclusive tube power amp simulation. Select a type of amplifier and its characteristics, a tube model, and make your preamp sing as it deserves !
When recoding guitars and basses it is common to apply a few effects to shape the sound before it is sent to the PA or recorder. The Torpedo Live comes with a powerful EQ and a superb reverb.
Control your Torpedo access the Two notes Boutique
With its clear and intuitive interface, Torpedo Remote will give you access to all parameters on your Torpedo, including loading and saving presets, loading new IRs, and updating the unit’s firmware. You can pick any speaker cabinets from the Two notes Store. preview them on your own tracks in real time, and choose to buy the ones you prefer.
Arcade or Simulation mode
We borrowed the concept of Arcade VS Simulation from the world of video games.
The Arcade mode is usually the easy way to, for example, drive a race car. You can hit obstacles,other cars, you can still win the race. We recommend that for your first experience with The Torpedo Live you start with the Arcade preset mode to get more familiar with the concept of virtual miking.
The simulation mode is not for beginners and requires more experience and knowledge about how the car actually works, depending on many tiny but still important parameters (weather, type of tires, track design…). In that preset mode you will gain access to the full list of parameter, to fine tune your sound and make it perfect to your ears.
Connect your guitar or bass and effects to your amplifier as you are used to, then connect your amp to the Torpedo Live instead of a speaker cabinet. The Torpedo Live can then be connected to a mixing board and PA, or to a sound interface for recording, in the studio or at home. You can also use headphones for direct monitoring. An optional speaker cabinet can be connected to the Thru output.
You can also use the Torpedo Live with a preamplifier, or as an external effect processor in a studio or home studio environment.
1- Ventilation slit
2- Input gain
4- SETUP button
5- PRESET/PARAMETER encoder
6- OUT LEVEL/VALUE encoder
7- EDIT/SAVE button
8- Phones output
9- Mains switch
10- Mains connector
11- USB connector
12- MIDI connector
13- S/PDIF output
14- Balanced line output
15- Balanced line input
16- Speaker Thru
17- Amplifier input
The Torpedo Live is fully controllable via MIDI. Program Changes are used to change presets. Control Changes are used to control the parameters.
The Torpedo Live comes with a selection of 32 Two notes cabinets and much more
- 2Notes CSG. Two notes Custom 1×12” ElectroVoice® EVM12L
- Angl VintC. Engl® 4×12” Celestion® V30
- Blonde 63. Fender® Bassman ’63 Blonde Tolex Piggy Back 2×12”
- Brit 65C. Marshall® 1965A 4×10” Celestion® G10L-35 closed back
- Brit VintC. Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12” Celestion® V30 closed back
- Calif StdC. Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12” Celestion® V30 closed back
- Eddie. Peavey® 5150 2×12” Sheffield 1200
- Free Rock2. VHT® Deliverance 2×12” Eminence® P50E
- Green Tri. Hughes Kettner® Triamp 4×12” Celestion® Greenback
- Jazz 120. Vintage Roland® JC120 2×12”
- JubilGreen. Marshall® 2550 2×12” Celestion® Greenback
- Kerozen. Diezel® 4×12” Celestion® G12K-100
- Silver77. Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12” orange JBL®
- SilverJen. Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12” Jensen® C12K
- The One. Brunetti® Neo1512 1×15” + 1×12”
- Vibro Utah. Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12” original Utah speaker
- Vibro V30. Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12” Celestion® V30
- Voice 30. Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12” Celestion® « Silver Bell »
- Voice 65. 1965 Vox® 2×12”
- VoiceModrn. Vox® V212H, 2×12” Celestion® Alnico Blue
- Watt FanC. Hiwatt® 2×12” Fane closed back
- XTCab. Bogner® 4×12” Celestion® V30